2020 certainly threw some curveballs to our friends, family, & clients. As we rebuild our community back to the vibrant economy it once was, it is a great time to review your estate plan or corporate documents and evaluate any needs going forward.
- All major decisions requiring owner/partner approvals have been documented and are included in the company’s record books.
- Secretary of State filings due during the year have been filed (please note Florida’s deadline is May 1st, 2021).
- Agreements among members, employees, and consultants have been documented and signed.
- The company’s agreed value (if applicable), financial statements, and ownership records are current.
- State taxes (if applicable) have been paid and business licenses renewed.
- The company is in good standing in its state of formation and in each state where it is qualified to do business.
- And most importantly your family estate plan is up to date.
If any of the above items have not been updated or handled, we suggest taking the time to speak with your Florida attorney to get them updated. This is also a good time to communicate with members about the company’s progress during the year. Finally, 2021 Annual Corporate Renewals are now due, please reach out to Gulati Law, P.L. for assistance with any of these matters at (407) 900-5054.