Immigration Law

Immigration law in the United States has many complexities and it is advisable that you seek a Immigration Attorney to assist you through the process.

At Gulati Law we provide assistance with work visas, family petitions, marriage and fiancé visas, investor visas, and citizenship.

We assist businesses with personalized guidance tailored to achieve your goals in establishing a U.S. affiliate or subsidiary, transferring employees to the U.S. or investing in the U.S. We understand the system and the necessities therefore we work diligently to help our clients achieve their immigration objective.

E-1 Visas: Treaty Trader Visas

E-1 visas are issued to foreign nationals who wish to enter the United States and trade with their country and refers to the international exchange of goods, services, money, and technology.

E- 2 Visas

E-2 visas permit foreign nationals to enter the United States in order to direct and develop a commercial enterprise or business in which they have invested or are in the process of investing.

Foreign nationals seeking to obtain E-2 visas must be a citizen of a country with which the U.S. has a treaty of commerce.

EB-5 Visas

EB-5 visa are for foreign investors and the requirements are

  • Invest $1 million in either a new or existing U.S. business or commercial enterprise that will create at least 10 full-time U.S. jobs, or
  • Invest $500,000 in a new or existing U.S. business or commercial enterprise.

L- Visa

The L visa is a convenient vehicle for transferring executives, managers, and specialized knowledge workers among affiliated companies.

The requirements for an L Visa are:

  • The Company may (1) open a branch office in the U.S., (2) incorporate a subsidiary in the U.S. or (3) enter into a qualified joint venture in the U.S.
  • Within the three years preceding the petition, the prospective transferee must have worked continuously for the parent foreign employer for at least one year in either an executive, managerial or specialized knowledge employee capacity.
  • The foreign company must continue to conduct business while the transferee is in the US (at least until permanent residency is secured)

Benefit of Converting L1 to Permanent Residency

An L-1 visa company employing a manager or executive can be converted to permanent U.S. residence (“green card”).

This allows the foreign national to (1) reside, work, and study in the U.S. without limitation, and (2) enter the U.S. without advance permission or predetermined time limits.

To qualify for permanent residence, foreign nationals must first obtain an immigrant visa, a permission to register as a permanent resident. The requirements for qualified L managers or executives to apply for the green card are essentially the same as for the L visa.

Contact Us Today!