Franchise opportunities are a great tool for start-up businesses. For example:
- Franchises offer industrial growth;
- You have strong support from the Franchise when problems may arise; and
- Franchises offer major marketing and advertising within the community.
Another great thing about a franchise is that they are regulated by the government. Under current federal law franchises have to be registered with the Federal Trade Commission. A franchise owner has to provide the buyer with detailed information about the business, so the new owner can make a detailed decision about buying the business. Some information in this document may include:
- A financial statement with relevant information;
- The costs for starting-up the franchise and the costs of maintaining the franchise;
- An outline of the franchise opportunities.
However, it usually is the franchisee’s responsibility to do their due diligence on the business. If you have any questions regarding investing, start-up, due diligence, or termination of a franchise agreement, please contact us today, we will be happy to help.
Please follow this link to read more……